Profile

coprime: an awesome lady stepping out of a boat (Default)
coprime

June 2017

S M T W T F S
    123
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 192021222324
252627282930 

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Tags

coprime: two game-obsessed, winning-obsessed nerds (ships that I ship)
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017 10:19 pm
Canon: Firefly
Pairing: Wash Washburne/Zoe Washburne
Canon Level: Married

Some Wash/Zoe came across my Pinboard network today, so I read it and was thoroughly charmed because Wash and Zoe will always charm me. (Unless it is post-Serenity, but I read that a lot less often.) Wash/Zoe is probably the closest I come to an actual OTP that aligns with how most of fandom uses that term. Like, at least 85% of Firefly is them-centric. (The remaining 15% is mostly gen and crossovers with a smidgen for other pairings that look intriguing.) And they're one of the very few pairings where I am incapable of reading about them with anyone else. They're just so perfect for each other! Sweet and silly and incredibly in love. Zoe is almost a different person with Wash, able to open herself up and unafraid to show him her softer side because Wash isn't afraid of her strength, nor does he feel the need to go around posturing or challenging her. It's all very cute and romantic, the way they interact with each other.

Suggested reading:
Good Luck Charms by [archiveofourown.org profile] Nary
Cold Feet by [archiveofourown.org profile] musefool
Changing by Scrunchy
The First Step by [archiveofourown.org profile] llaras
Simply Perfectest by [archiveofourown.org profile] voleuse
coprime: an awesome lady stepping out of a boat (Default)
Sunday, October 2nd, 2005 02:01 am
Well, Serenity was really, really good. I've seen it twice now, and I'd also like to state that everyone should go see it. Even if you never saw Firefly, they did a really good job making the movie accessible. (My dad, who only ever saw one ep and is notorious for asking questions during movies, followed it just fine and never once got bored.)

Spoilery Serenity thoughts )

---

Toons! Not particularly spoilery, but it is lengthy. )